Ashley Manley and I kind of go way back – we crossed paths right around the time I opened Fearless and Framed. We had similar journeys getting started in our client businesses and both had a spark to document life for clients.
She’s written for us at F&F a few times – my favorite is an older piece, called Document the People Around Us, Not Just the Kids. It’s about honoring the OTHER relationships in your life, like friendships, for example. I don’t know about you, but it feels like this epidemic of only photographing + sharing our kid work, when we have other important people in our lives too!
- Signals that prompted change in Ashley’s photography journey
- Ashley’s decision to pause her client business
- What cultivating a relationship between Ashley + her photography looks like
- Jumping into shooting + developing film
- Making pictures + having pictures: what Ashley gets out of both
Enjoy the story.
- Download this Ep’s Mini Mag
- Podcast Guest: Ashley Manley Website | Instagram
- Marie on CreativeLive: Creating a Successful Business with Kirsten Lewis
- Ashley spoke here in April 2018: Reset Conference
- Brilliant Article on The Define School: What I have to Say: We are the Parsons
- Article on Sally Mann: The Disturbing Photography of Sally Mann
- Ashley’s Film Gear + Process: Instagram Story Highlights
- Ashley on F&F: 4 Tips to Being Present While Photographing an Experience Simultaneously, How She Faced Her Street Photography Fears, Document the People Around You (not just the kids), & Love Photographed in the Morning
- Ashley on Pretty Presets: Lots of writings + goodness
- (For Story-Keepers) Create your To-Remember List here (and make pictures of what really counts)
Like this ep? Bookmark by pinning this: